Saturday, April 7, 2012

I leave in exactly one week. I am filled with emotions - anxiety, nervousness, excitement, worry, hesitation, the list goes on and on...

I know in my heart of hearts that I'm doing the right thing by going. After all, it's been something I've wanted to do for the past six years. Heck, I even graduated from college early for this! With that being said, leaving for nine weeks is a huge step outside of my comfort zone and all of the positive aspects of this journey still do not make the leave any easier for me.

Lately, I fine myself clinging onto the lyrics of The Script's If You Ever Come Back...

I'll leave the door on the latch
If you ever come back, if you ever come back
There'll be a light in the hall and the key under the mat
If you ever come back
There'll be a smile on my face and the kettle on
And it will be just like you were never gone
There'll be a light in the hall and the key under the mat
If you ever come back if you ever come back now

I keep telling myself that the people who truly matter in my life will be right here in Memphis waiting on me with open arms when I come back, and whoever isn't waiting - well, then they never mattered in the first place, I suppose...

1 comment:

  1. Your journey leads to LA! Wow! What a great opportunity you have to venture out and find yourself! Gina and I will be praying for you while you are gone! We will pray for your safe return and that you will have an amazing experience!
    We love you and can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    Love, Cyn and Gina

    ReplyDelete