Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I have less than 72 hours left in Memphis before I become a 'California Girl' (in the words of Katy Perry) for over two months. How does it feel, you ask? Gosh, I seriously cannot put the feeling into words. It seems surreal. I've wanted this for over six years, yet I never thought the time would actually come for me to leave. First off - I am overwhelmed with the packing. I am a girl. Girls need a lot of sh*t, let's be clear! But, honestly, I am more overwhelmed by the amount of love and support that surrounds me. I have received numerous notes (both through cards in the mail and Facebook/email) filled with encouraging words. I have never heard such powerful comments about myself. It truly warms my heart in a way I've never experienced. I've printed out each message and gathered each card and placed them all in the side pocket of my suitcase, because I know there will come a time at training when I will need some uplifting energy. So to everyone who has reached out to me in some form or another - thank you from the bottom of my very nervous and very grateful heart.

I must go continue packing now, but I'll leave you all with a personal favorite quote of mine that I have been saying to myself each day this past week... Love to you all.

You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own.
- D.M. Dellinger

No comments:

Post a Comment